Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Intentions

I intend this blog to serve the very purpose of its title. This is the blog of 2 brothers searching truth, exposing truth, and trying to live truth. Solomon said: I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. Paul prays for the colossians and these are his words: so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ. Our objective is to seek God in all of His glory in the very face of Christ - as this is where we will find it (II Cor.4:6). On to the next verse: in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. In this relative, subjective, post-modern world we live in, the truth can be a mysterious, treasure like, hidden enigma, specially to those who are lost and to those who don't want to live in its light. Our movies and reality shows depict unbelievers at their best, searching for buried treasure that is not truly treasure and is merely temporal. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. We must expose this truth as our fellowship with God depends on it. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth." This brings me to my next point. Accountability is my final reason for this blog. I do not intend to write about a truth I have studied for hours and lived for minutes. Truth is truth whether we live it or not. Personal maturity and growth however is only visible to the degree that we apply objective truth consistently in our lives. My desire is that others will see my actions for truth and understand that I belong to truth.
let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. This is how we know we belong to the truth. May it never be said of me: Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. I have asked James to write this blog with me as an accountability method. We do not claim to be great theologians, or to have the final say on any Scripture, but we know that the no lie comes from Biblical truth. The practical implications of this theological truth are what James and I are striving for.
May God receive the glory for what is studied, exposed, and ultimately lived from this blog. James - feel free to add as you would like - I just had some thoughts and had to get them out.

DT

2 comments:

James and David said...

Hey bro,
Great first blog. I can tell who's gonna be the more eloquent brother. I guess that seminary education paid off, huh. Seriously though, I really appreciated the point about practicing the truth. That's where we as Christians struggle the most. I'm excited about this blogspot and its potential. Now I'm motivated to think about what I want to write. Good challenging writing!

Gretchen said...

WOW! More blogging?? Can it be??

Is Sharon taking over your other one? Maybe you should let her write about newsworthy girly things huh?

History of the ring coming right up.